The sonography which is for most of you already known from the pregnancy time, is in the field of medicine very bright used. Also, in pediatrics and especially in the field of pediatric cardiology we use the sonography very often and can herewith reduce the use of x-ray examination.
The sonography will be used regularly in the development examination but also for diagnosing different pediatric diseases. It will be used in the following areas:
- Hip: during the U3 examination to rule out a dysplasia of the hip
- Skull: to examine the brain and rule out bleeding or underdevelopment.
- Kidney and urinary tract: will be used when UTI exist to rule out morphological anomalies
- Abdomen: examination of the liver, spleen, pancreas and GI tract
- Heart (Echocardiography): to rule out cardiac malformation or diseases as well as follow ups
We use in our clinic the highly modern sonography device from the company GE: https://www.ge-ultraschall.com/vivid-s60/